Pages

ONE WORD PROMPT - VANQUISH



There have been times when I have walked the bottom of the abyss with fear as my companion and a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Times when I have shaken physically because of some small task I had to undertake.  Those first tentative steps on the way to walking after four weeks in ICU, times when panic has reigned supreme in my mind worrying about kids late home or unable to be contacted.

I recall the fear of being in sole control of a new baby and wondering if I would ever get the hang of motherhood.

There came a time when my mind was clear again in all situations and I came to the realization that I must VANQUISH my fear and put my energy into positive things, clear and concise thoughts about my journey.
I learned that I could not do it all at once,   It was one step at a time, tomorrow two steps, then three and so on.  I learned to try to sleep knowing that soon the kids would be home or there would be a knock at the front door.  I must have coped with the new baby because I went on to have a second and they are both in their thirties and living life well.

Fear can be a dragon - take your sword and VANQUISH him and learn to enjoy every moment of every day.

Cheers,

Linda.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and for commenting.
Linda.