Pages

DAILY PROMPT - 15 mins and list of words.




List of words for this blog
eggs
genuine
stick
persistence
stiff
disparity
overcoat
soak
human like
multicolored
ditch
ketchup



It was the first Sunday of the School holidays and being true to a genuine tradition the children were in the kitchen cooking eggs for breakfast.

They wanted scrambled eggs, so from my bed I called out the instructions to beat the eggs until they were stiff and to be sure to oil the pan so that they would not stick.  The noise was loud and I could imagine the mess and add to the kids the cats were in there and calling in a human like cry for some breakfast too.

The disparity in the ages of the girls meant a real struggle for supremacy and I encouraged one of them to set the table and to include the ketchup.

The smell of burning from the kitchen - I am out of bed like a shot - I tell them to ditch the eggs, soak the pan and in spite of their persistent crying, I grab my multicoloured overcoat and go for a walk, leaving their Father in charge of the kitchen.

Linda

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this concept! Well done, Been given 3 phrases and am supposed to make a story out of them,

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and for commenting.
Linda.