Pages

“If you are lonely while you’re alone, you are in bad company.” ~ Jean-Paul Sartre


"I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze."



Lonely while alone ?  Never - I love being alone - I like the solitude and I like the freedom it gives me to be me - to not have to adhere to a schedule or timetable or an other's flight of fancy or whim.

I am never lonely when I am alone - I can find something to do and often wonder how I would feel if I didn't have that time and space and solitude.  I do know how it would feel - I have been there when I have been so busy there has been no time to be alone and it was then I feel I was bad company.  Those times where there were so many demands it seemed that everyone wanted a piece of me and the real me became quite lost.

I love being alone and I love the "loneliness" of it without really being lonely. I love the solitude and the solace that it brings to me.

Love and hugs,
Linda. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love being alone and never feel alone when I am. I talk to myself, contemplate, think or not, and best of all sing and dance

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and for commenting.
Linda.