Pages

LOVING MEMORIES

'LOVING MEMORY'

It's the 12th. July and the winter sun is trying to peep through a heavy cloud cover - a very similar day to this day nine years ago.

It was just an ordinary Friday afternoon, Naomi was home and studying and I was pottering about.  I had news for a friend who was interstate staying with her parents - so I made a phone call. 
It would be the last phone call I ever made to this number as during that phone call my friend suffered a Berry Embolism and was dead before she hit the ground.  She was pruning her Mother's roses
and fell into the bushes causing lots of scratches and bruises.

Today I have pruned a rose - it seemed the right time to do it and I have thought of her and how she lived her life and how it ended.

She was ill and suffering major depression and it is my belief that there was something else wrong.  A condition which caused her very severe mood swings, strange actions and walking sideways like a crab.   We did visit a Neurologist and had another appointment scheduled for later in the month - but her sudden departure meant that we would never really know the answers.

I miss her although at times she was very difficult and hard to deal with - she didn't want to be 50 and she never got the chance - she would have been 50 in the September of that year.

There were very difficult days with her and it pleases me that she is at peace but there is an empty space for me, her family and my family.

She was amazing - she could weld, do woodwork and yet at the same time was capable of the finest baby knitting and cake decorating but a troubled mind now rests easy and we are learning to live with the empty space.

Rest easy Nola and know I think of you often and especially today.

Love and hugs,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and for commenting.
Linda.