Pages

PROMPT - "What is your favourite special occasion?



This is an easy prompt to write to because without any hesitation my favourite special occasion is Christmas.

I love the countdown, the anticipation, the shopping, the cooking, the family gathering together, the gifts, the wrapping, the paper, the ribbons and bows.

The music fills my heart with magic and I love to see the excitement in the eyes of children.  I love the secreting of gifts away and going to the mail box to collect the mail and opening cards and greetings from family and friends.  The evenings sitting quietly writing cards to mail is a source of joy to me.

Decorating my home for Christmas is special to me and I confess to an addiction to Christmas Trees and there is usually a tree to be found in every room of the house.  Bathroom and bedrooms included.   I like trees decorated in a colour theme and those that are decorated with things made by the family over the years.  I have Christmas tree earrings and bracelets and a pendant on a silver chain.

I buy gifts all through the year at the shops or shopping on line and I enjoy it when those gifts arrive in the mail.   

Recipes are always collected and stored away and I have a selection of "old faithful" ones that we use each year.  I keep a Christmas Journal which records things that worked and things that we will do again and those we wont.

I enjoy the "busyness" of Christmas and the special times with family and friends.

My favourite special occasion is CHRISTMAS and I hope your days are "merry and bright" and the music of Christmas stirs your soul and brings you peace.

Love and hugs,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and for commenting.
Linda.