Pages

Describe a 'sound' from your childhood. What was it? When did you hear it? What does it bring to mind?



The specific sounds from my childhood all relate to horses - the lovely clip clop of a gentle walk and the thundering hooves of a gallop.  Sitting astride a horse and hearing those noises is exquisite.  There is nothing else on earth to equal it.  

Mostly I remember walking down a Cinder Path and hearing the crunch of the cinders beneath the feet of a very tired horse on the way home from an afternoon of riding and being as free as air.  This isn't me or my ride, but I guess we cut a very similar figure my palomino and me.

It was a love affair for sure - I loved the sound of feet, the soft whinny when i would approach and the gentle nuzzling of my hands for the treat I always had.

That was yesterday and yesterday's gone.

Love and hugs,
Linda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and for commenting.
Linda.