Pages

DID YOU AND YOUR FATHER SHARE AN INTEREST IN ANYTHING?

A pile of "to be read" books.

My father and I shared many things in common - the love of books and reading was one of them.  He loved poetry too and we would often recite pieces together - he would start and I would join in and finish the poem.  Right until the night before he died we did this and that night we recited Masefield's "Sea Fever" and I never heard his voice again after he had told me to drive carefully and ring to let him know I was home safely.

He loved the sea - she was his Mistress for sure and I love to spend hours by the sea in all seasons of the year, to hear the lapping of the water, feel the salt sea mist upon my face and be captivated by the moving tides.  We both loved words and spent many hours discussing and debating issues and although we often would not agree we would agree to disagree, but he liked to have the last word.  He was kind and generous and not without fault - but he was my Dad and I loved him.

He was my Dad and I was "Edward's Girl" and we both shared a love of people and life.

Love and hugs,
Linda.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and for commenting.
Linda.